help!

FaheemaK
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening, 

I am in a bit of a problem here - just thought I would ask where I stand in terms of this situation. 

I had a dress for sale on eBay -  a lady had bought it, and payment was made via Paypal. She provided me with her address and I had taken it to my local Post Office to get it delivered. 

The gentlemen had advised me that the postcode was incorrect, to which I messaged the lady. She replied saying she didn't want the dress anymore, to which I gave her the refund through Paypal. 

Behold, my kind mother was still under the impression that the dress needed to be sent, to which she did - which means, I had given her a refund, but the dress was also sent. She has acknowledged that the dress has been sent to her, and I advised if she could post it back to me and I will send her payment for P&P - it's been 2 weeks since I have not heard from her.

What can I do? Anything? Please? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FaheemaK

Not really, you can't force her to send it back again, just give her time to do so and another friendly email maybe?

However if the postcode was incorrect maybe she did not get it at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sleepyjones
Contributor
Contributor

The lady acknowledged reciept of the dress, so she has received it.

Negating Paypal / Ebay rules ... UK Law (Not sure where you're from, sorry) would state that technically, this was goods sent by mistake so isn't summarised in UK law as "Unsolicited Goods", this means they have to send the items back if you request it, however it must not cost the sender anything to send it to you or inconvenience them in any way.  So, really you would need to arrange a courier to pick up the item from them at a time that suits them ... if they don't agree then you could go to court, and the court would almost definitely find in your favour.  Probably not worth it for a dress, but the law is on your side (however the police won't get involved because it's a civil matter, not a legal matter)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sleepyjones

Not sure what you are on about either.

Where has anyone said on this thread about negating paypal rules / uk law etc???

Secondly the lady acknowledged the item was 'sent' to her, she has not said she received it yet.

Yes they can take the buyer to the small claims court to get the dress back but my reply was in response to Paypal, who cannot force her to return the item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sleepyjones
Contributor
Contributor

Negating Paypal /Ebay Rules was in regards to my reply not to anything that had been posted previously (ie, I can't really comment on the rules of Paypal or Ebay because I'm not really that up on them at the moment, so ignoring that and then my reply was about UK law)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.