eBay purchase Via PayPal payment Unclaimed Please HELP !

Jammill404
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

I recently brought a watch on eBay the seller claims he is "TOP SELLER" he is new to eBay with no feedback, so i won the auction and payed him via PayPal a few hours later i see that payment is unclaimed i conatcted him several times and he nas not responded, he is based in china and i think it might be a fake. i posted this on eBay community forums, someone suggested that i cancel the payment since it is unclaimed and get my money back, i would like to do that is there a way to do because i cant figure it out.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only cancel IF the word cancel is sitting next to the word unclaimed in your paypal account.

If not then IF it remains unclaimed paypal will return it to you at 30 days post payment.

BUT keep an eye on it as its possible if the seller is new that he does not realise that he has to claim the "first" payment and so it may complete and he send your item before the 30 days is up.

Sounds just like a confused new seller.

If it completes and he does not send the item then you can always file a dispute for non receipt of item. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You can only cancel IF the word cancel is sitting next to the word unclaimed in your paypal account.

If not then IF it remains unclaimed paypal will return it to you at 30 days post payment.

BUT keep an eye on it as its possible if the seller is new that he does not realise that he has to claim the "first" payment and so it may complete and he send your item before the 30 days is up.

Sounds just like a confused new seller.

If it completes and he does not send the item then you can always file a dispute for non receipt of item. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.