e cheque

jules_polish
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sold two items on ebay and the seller has paid with echeques, never had this type of payment before, could someone tell me if I am charged a fee for echeques on top of the estimated fee for the item?  many thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jules_polish

You pay the same fee for an echeque that you do for every other paypal payment.

So you pay Ebay to advertise and sell your item and that is invoiced to your monthly.

You pay Paypal to be able to receive instant payments (however funded) and that payment of 3.4% + 20p is deducted from your buyers payment and the rest is credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jules_polish

All paypal payments are charged the same.

I love echeques no risk of a chargeback (unlike with cards).

You should wait for it to clear though before you send the item as echeques can 'fail'.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jules_polish
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, so just to confirm no fees are payable except the fee for the item sold on ebay? Many thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jules_polish

You pay the same fee for an echeque that you do for every other paypal payment.

So you pay Ebay to advertise and sell your item and that is invoiced to your monthly.

You pay Paypal to be able to receive instant payments (however funded) and that payment of 3.4% + 20p is deducted from your buyers payment and the rest is credited to your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jules_polish
Contributor
Contributor

sorry didnt realise, just thought paypal took a percentage of the final value fee as ebay do , didnt know there was a fee for payment also?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.