customer received ,payment on hold

jerryGold
Contributor
Contributor

i have 2 payments Pending , First customer received the order and confirmed it as received and the second confirmed it as complete they recived a paypal message on thier inbox and they confirmed it they both satesfaied,  but still my payment are Pending

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryGold

If you are subject to the new seller hold which it sounds as if it is then funds are either released when you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days if its Ebay or +7 days if its a private transaction done via paypal or 21 days if you don't provide tracking.

If you are selling a 'virtual' item then its normally 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jerryGold

If you are subject to the new seller hold which it sounds as if it is then funds are either released when you provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer + 3 days if its Ebay or +7 days if its a private transaction done via paypal or 21 days if you don't provide tracking.

If you are selling a 'virtual' item then its normally 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jerryGold
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for reply , the buyer himself proved the delivery of the item ,  and check as item recived , and yes its virtual item i finished the order seens yesterday and they all satesfaied exept me for holding my payment

Login to Me Too

steve165
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a payment on hold for 20 days now. The item was collected by the buyer. Collect only was part of the listing on eBay. From redign the response here and other help details I should get the payment tomorrow. 

Is this an automatic process, and so PayPal will release the money exactly 21 days? Or is there any other delay likely or possible? I've had good ebay feedback from the buyer and no indications of a problem with the item

Thanks

Steve

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@steve165

Yes you should get it at 21 days BUT >>

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

steve165
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks, very useful advice. I did get a signed receipt from the buyer on collection, but I will make sure I think the payment and collect/delivery parts (you can tell I'm not in Sales!). Appreciate your full response Steve
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.