acc security check

gbforx
New Community Member

Hi

Paypal yesterday took $1 something from my CCard to verify my acc.

I am supposed to confirm my CC by typing in a 4 digit number which appears on my CC statement when they debited my acc to do the security check

The code i have on my statement is longer than 4 digits to begin with and their instructions as to where i need to enter this 4 digit code on my acc page is wrong. The instructions seems to be wrong as i cannot find the links on my PP page to enter this number.

I am stuck. Have reported the matter and also left a message on their FB page.

I need help as i have to make a payment.....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi gbforx,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum and sorry to hear about this.

If you cannot find your PayPal code in your debit or credit card online statement, your card issuer may have changed or clipped the comments in the online transaction view which could be preventing you from seeing the correct code. If you are viewing your statement online, you may want to wait until you receive your monthly printed statement.

You can you can send us information to complete the process manually. We would require the following information:

• A copy of a government issued photo identification listing your name. Examples of acceptable identification include a passport, a full driving licence or a national identity card.
  • A copy of the credit/debit card statement that shows at least the last four digits of the card, your name and your postal address that matches the address registered in your PayPal account.
  • If your card statement does not display your registered address, you must provide another document for proof of address. This can be a bank statement, utility invoice, PO box document, mobile phone invoice, printed payslip or (police) registration form. The document should not be older than 12 months.

You can provide this information by copying and pasting the following link into your browser when logged in:

https://www.paypal.com/va/cardconfirmfail/

Once you have done this, you will need to contact Customer Support directly to follow up. You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in.

Please let me know if you have any other questions at all!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.