What if the seller doesn't respond to my claim?

maddy__
Contributor
Contributor

I recently escalated a claim I have against a seller on Depop who blocked me when she didn't send my item and then deleted the item. It is quite obvious that she is trying to avoid having to refund me the 18.50 she took from me, and I have screenshots, but my only question is that in my claim, PayPal states that she has to respond by 1st of October, and then details the process after she does this. 

I have very little faith that she will do so, as she is doing her best to get away with it, so does anyone know what will happen if she does not respond? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Donna

Hi maddy__

Welcome to the PayPal community and that's a great question.

Firstly, I am sorry for the negative experience you have had with this transaction. However, you are fully covered under our Buyer Protection Policy for any purchases you make through your PayPal account.

If the seller does not respond within the given timeframe, the claim will close in your favour and you will receive a full refund.

Donna

Login to Me Too

maddy__
Contributor
Contributor

That's good to know, thank you! It's obvious the seller is trying her hardest to make sure I can't get my money back, but obviously PayPal have all the history, so I hope it resolves itself. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi maddy__,

You're very welcome. You will receive any updates to the claim via email.

Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.