Trying to open a dispute.....

Manxman1
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to open a dispute regarding an eBay item not received. Seller appeared to be in U.K. but turned out he was in China - eBay notified me via email that they had closed his account. Missed the 30 day eBay deadline for disputes so turned to PayPal. Phoned PayPal - there is no option available to speak to a human being, so followed recorded guidance. First problem is that I'm using iPad and 'resolution centre' tab is not where the recorded guidance said it was. Eventually found it, opened a dispute for the item and was prompted to send seller an email. Pressed 'send' and immediately got send failure message from PayPal, told to try again and was dumped right back to the start of the process ! eBay have closed his account so clearly you can no longer send him a message but PayPal resolution centre does not appear to have factored this scenario into their dispute process.  The amount involved is not massive and given my experience today I was tempted to just give up but on a point of principle, I'll persevere - PayPal always like to trumpet how your payments are protected. It shouldn't be this hard. I'd just like to speak to a real person at PayPal about this - not a recording - is there another number I can call ?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Manxman1

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Manxman1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding so quickly. I don't do Facebook or twitter but the 'Agent' option is exactly what I was looking for - I'll get right onto it in the morning. Thanks again for your help and best regards. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.