garry52
New Community Member
I have just had a random txt asking me to confirm identity is this a con
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

All text messages from PayPal come through on the number 62226. If it wasn't sent from that number (for example, if it gives a full mobile number, or the word PAYPAL appears instead of a number) then it's not actually from them.

Login to Me Too

Sam2018
New Community Member

‭+44 **********‬ Your PayPal is limited.Please re-confirm your identity today or your account will be closed:

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi Sam2018,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Any time you receive an email or text about activity on your PayPal account, the safest way to confirm their validity is to log in to your PayPal account via the PayPal website. Any of the activity reported in the email will be available to view. If you have entered personal information on a website through a link in this text, then please change your password and the security questions on your PayPal account immediately. If you have also entered financial data, then contact your bank or your credit card issuer so that they can take any necessary precautionary measures. If you receive a text message that you believe is not from PayPal, forward the message to 62226 and insert the word spoof in the beginning of the message. Please forward any suspicious emails or websites to spoof@paypal.com.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.