Still need some help from Kernowlass!

six-h
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Just posted this on the "Solved" thread from last night and realised I'd stand a better chance starting a new topic, so here it is!

Hoping you can help me some more!

Now have the money in my account but as I don't have a printer I will have to write the label, ...not a problem, but do I just click on "AddTracking Info" once I have the details, or do I just email her with them?

How am I protected from the possibility of her retracting the cash once she has the tracking detail?

Confused

The money is marked as "Available", if that is important.

Hope you can advise me before I go to the post!

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@six-h

Hi luckily i am still about but i don't work for paypal, I am just an ebay seller that has ''hovered'' about on here for a few years.

If you are not going to be using paypal postage and taking it to the post office instead then of course you can ask for it to be sent trackable and that tracking number should be on the receipt. You can then click on the transaction and then click on the ''add tracking number'' on the details page.

A buyer cannot cancel a completed payment BUT they can file a dispute for non receipt of item (but as long as your tracking number shows its delivered then you should be ok on that one) OR item received but not as described..........if paypal find in favour of the buyer on that one then you may have to accept the item back and refund.

You should really read up on ''seller protection'' as no transactions are 100% guaranteed on not going wrong, you need to read up on it and then risk assess your transactions. Paypal and us on this forum can only give advice, the rest is up to you.

You can read up on seller protection by clicking on legal bottom of this page > user agreement > seller protection.

Just remember as well there are lots of SCAMS on paypal so also be aware  >>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service if a buyer tries to say you have to pay a courier that way.

Oh and ''personally'' I would NEVER sell a high cost item using paypal. I would sell cash on collection only or use bank transfer Smiley Wink

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@six-h

Hi luckily i am still about but i don't work for paypal, I am just an ebay seller that has ''hovered'' about on here for a few years.

If you are not going to be using paypal postage and taking it to the post office instead then of course you can ask for it to be sent trackable and that tracking number should be on the receipt. You can then click on the transaction and then click on the ''add tracking number'' on the details page.

A buyer cannot cancel a completed payment BUT they can file a dispute for non receipt of item (but as long as your tracking number shows its delivered then you should be ok on that one) OR item received but not as described..........if paypal find in favour of the buyer on that one then you may have to accept the item back and refund.

You should really read up on ''seller protection'' as no transactions are 100% guaranteed on not going wrong, you need to read up on it and then risk assess your transactions. Paypal and us on this forum can only give advice, the rest is up to you.

You can read up on seller protection by clicking on legal bottom of this page > user agreement > seller protection.

Just remember as well there are lots of SCAMS on paypal so also be aware  >>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service if a buyer tries to say you have to pay a courier that way.

Oh and ''personally'' I would NEVER sell a high cost item using paypal. I would sell cash on collection only or use bank transfer Smiley Wink

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

six-h
Contributor
Contributor

I hoped that you would be there, ...Not much on Loose Women! 😄

I'm glad that you and folks like you "hover about", it's helpful to folks like me!

I understand that you are giving advice "without prejudice"  but with the benefit of your experience.

This is only about £40 and I'm hoping she is genuine.

This is only the second time I've had to use PP as I don't sell much and the bit that I do is normally locally collected.

Only using PP this time as she is about 80 miles away!

Thanks again for your good advice.

Hope I won't be back to get advice on a claim!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@six-h

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.