Shopify Business

Fraz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I am drop shipper and i have shopify store, for paypal payments it requires the business account. But due to not owning any company i don't have any kind business document, except my Government issued Card. what will the procedure if account got limited at any point?

Thanks!

Fraz (United Arab Emirates )

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Fraz1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You do not need to own a Business in order to have a Business PayPal Account. When filling in the Business Information it will allow you to select either "Individual" or "Sole Trader".

The practice of drop shipping is allowed using PayPal however in order to be protected by our Seller Protection from claims, chargebacks or reversals that are a result of unauthorised purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive, you must ensure that the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection.  It will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the ‘Transaction Details’ page. If it is marked as partially eligible, you are only protected for items a buyer didn’t receive.

Also you must ensure that you supplier meets the following requirements:

• Posts the item to the address on the ‘Transaction Details Page’.
  • Posts the item within 7 days after you receive payment.
  • Provides proof of delivery (we require online tracking to confirm delivery).

We may require additional documentation and other information.

To learn more about PayPal’s Seller Protection Policy, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click User Agreement for PayPal Service.

- Siobhan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Fraz1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You do not need to own a Business in order to have a Business PayPal Account. When filling in the Business Information it will allow you to select either "Individual" or "Sole Trader".

The practice of drop shipping is allowed using PayPal however in order to be protected by our Seller Protection from claims, chargebacks or reversals that are a result of unauthorised purchases or items your buyer didn’t receive, you must ensure that the transaction is eligible for Seller Protection.  It will be marked as eligible or partially eligible on the ‘Transaction Details’ page. If it is marked as partially eligible, you are only protected for items a buyer didn’t receive.

Also you must ensure that you supplier meets the following requirements:

• Posts the item to the address on the ‘Transaction Details Page’.
  • Posts the item within 7 days after you receive payment.
  • Provides proof of delivery (we require online tracking to confirm delivery).

We may require additional documentation and other information.

To learn more about PayPal’s Seller Protection Policy, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click User Agreement for PayPal Service.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Fraz1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for the response. Please clear the following confusion.

What about if the supplier delivery time is more than 7 days, We are using E-packet services which is faster and cheaper than others. DHL is faster but it's way too expensive like if the product price is 5$ DHL will deliver product in 5-7 days in the 70$+ shipping fee. so no one will be interested to pay 70$ for shipping and 5$ for the product. what if we clearly mention in our store policies that we will deliver product in 15-25 days. and also the buyer will able to track his product after order. Lastly, every order will be trackable.

Thanks,

Best Regards, Fraz Khan

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

The item needs to be shipped within 7 days and not necessarily delivered within 7 days as we understand the delivery is out of your control.

-David R

Login to Me Too

Fraz1
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect, Product will be shipped within 1-2 days and the buyer will receive their tracking code.

Thanks Again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Great! You are welcome 🙂

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.