Selling goods help - G&S?

Harryjm93
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all.

Trying to make my first sale, of some trainers, via PayPal and need some help. 

I have been asked to complete the transaction buy the goods and services feature. I've sent a money request, but there didn't appear to be a goods and services option. How do I access this?

Also, I am keen to ensure the buyer is genuine. I am selling via Facebook. I've been provided with a PayPal email address, which contains a name that is not the same as the buyer's. I have been asked to ship the goods to a City which is not where the buyer lives. He says his friend is helping him. Is this something I should be concerned about? 

Am I fully protected as a seller?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

By sending a money request, you're using goods and services anyway- you can't send a request for a personal payment.

As long as you send the item to the address provided via PayPal, and with tracking information (keep the receipt as well), you'll be fully covered by PayPal. So if he gives you an address different to the one on the PayPal transaction, don't use it!

Login to Me Too

Harryjm93
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks!
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor

If you send a money request it will go through as good and services.

Yo butt be covered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.