Seller is telling me to email Paypal to say to allow pending payment through? Urgent!

chrispy1
New Community Member

Recently purchased some jewellery online and am hesistant about them being fake. The seller hasnt used paypal before so when I sent the money using goods and services the money went into pending for 21 days. He's now said that if I email paypal saying to autherise the payment then It will clear through. My question is will this work and will I lose my Buyers Protection?

Chris

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrispy1

Well you won't lose buyer protection because paypal won't do it.

The seller is under the new seller hold and his money is on hold for your protection.

His money is released more quickly when he has sent your item and the tracking number shows the item as delivered to you + 7 days.

So tell him the sooner he sends the sooner he will get his money.

If he does not send then open a dispute for non receipt of item but if you do that DO NOT close it until you get item or refund and check they are ok before you close it as if they are not as decribed you can ''change'' the dispute but you can't open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chrispy1

Well you won't lose buyer protection because paypal won't do it.

The seller is under the new seller hold and his money is on hold for your protection.

His money is released more quickly when he has sent your item and the tracking number shows the item as delivered to you + 7 days.

So tell him the sooner he sends the sooner he will get his money.

If he does not send then open a dispute for non receipt of item but if you do that DO NOT close it until you get item or refund and check they are ok before you close it as if they are not as decribed you can ''change'' the dispute but you can't open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chrispy1
New Community Member

My Hero

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.