Seller Won't Refund

elvisish
Contributor
Contributor

I won an item yesterday, and paid for it and then realised that there was no postage option, only collect. Contacted the seller straight away and asked if I could arrange collection, they were very rude and basically called me a time waster and said they weren't going to refund me as I cost them money being a time waster! The item is nearly £200 so I'm quite desperate to secure getting that money back.

I opened a dispute on PayPal, then I chatted with a eBay helper.

My problem is that because I've opened the dispute with PayPal and not eBay and I don't know how to escalate the claim, the seller is adamant about not refunding and has said she won't reply to anymore of my messages. Also, the seller marked the item as sent for some reason, so thats adding extra problems to trying to dispute it.

What should I do next? My only option under the resolution centre is 'item not as described'. Shall I choose this to escalate the matter or wait till the 25th May (as it says) so I can escalate it to PayPal then, even though I know nothing is going to change from the seller's point of view?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi elvisish,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Generally, we ask buyers to wait at least 7 days from the date of their payment before they can escalate a case for an item not received.

To escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim:

1. Go to the Resolution Centre.
  2. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  3. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. Click the Escalate to a Claim.

Hope this helps,

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.