Searching PayPal account - how far back can I go?

JessCarr
Contributor
Contributor

I need to go back through my PayPal account to track down a payment I received in 2013 or 2014. Is it possible to go that far back? How far back can one actually go in a PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessCarr

Yes  >>

Go to "activity" top of your paypal page > on the right of the page under "simple / detailed" click on statements > activity export > then on the left of that page under history click on advanced > then in the drop down box under "find a transaction" you can search by email / name / date etc etc etc

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JessCarr
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply and help.

After trying the two methods available several times, I got a pop-up on one telling me I could only go back two years. This is why I posted the enquiry.

I rang PP yesterday and they can go all the way back to the start of one's PP account, although it's a laborious process, but PP members can't - which seems a little odd.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessCarr

Well thats odd cus i have just checked and got back to 2006 before i gave up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JessCarr
Contributor
Contributor

I think it's odd you managed to go back 11 years! A PayPal adviser told me it was not possible for me to extend the search on my own more than two years, and this information was endorsed by pop-up messages from PayPal itself, online.

Well done, anyway, and thanks. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JessCarr

Well customer services are not always correct, are you in the UK? Only I am in the UK and can easily go back that far.

Go and click on activity > then statements > activity export > then on the next page click ''basic search'' > then check ''all activity'' is selected at the top and then make sure the dot to select is next to the calender and not ''select'', then click back the years and select any date on the month you choose and do the same in the next calender box and then click SHOW.

It really works for me so not sure why it would not for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JessCarr
Contributor
Contributor

"Queries can be for a maximum of 2 years."

Tried to go back to 2009 using your method - thank you for your help. This is the message which popped up, with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. 

The radio button you mention is beside the "custom date range", which is two boxes side by side, from and to, with dates in, which I've tried to alter repeatedly. There isn't a calendar (if you meana picture of a month with boxes) on this page. Under this box is a list pof drop-down choices - "comma delimted all activity", "tab delimited all activity" are two of 9. 

The CSV  I get comes up in code, only a short paragraph as well, and the PDF file simply shows a single line about this month, no matter what I do with the boxes above.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.