Scammed help please!!

joshy2610
Contributor
Contributor

Hi recently i have had an issue, i made an online purchase where the seller insisted i used friends or family or he wouldnt sell, and i required the product quite badly, so i agreed to do it without first knowledge that disputing cannot be processed once done through friends and family however the seller sent me a fake account (i was purchasing a social clubs account for rockstar games that had all in game extras)  tried to use the account after thanking the seller and it denied me access after further research on different websites i found the email was fake and so i messaged the seller continuosly, he decided to ignore me later on i came in contact with another customer who had been made to buy with amazon gift cards (probably because you cant dispute them) and he was scammed 25 pounds from the same seller together we reported him on the site and i have desperately being trying to get my rightfull product or a refund please help ! i have lost 20 pounds and my parents will kill me if they found out i have been scammed aswell as the fact that consumer protection or customer protection for sales isnt enlisted when using friends and family this needs to change many other people from extensive research after being scammed have had the same issue and people continuosly get away with scamming beause we are unable to ispute transactions we should have the option availbale for use if neccessary no matter the recipient !

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Kenlar
Contributor
Contributor
I fully feel ur issue. But with it being clearly list when u send money u can pick family or goods. U opted to lie.. good implies a service or product. Something... that Can be followed up on. Family someone u trust... Person u know.. have faith in. Won't do u wrong. It is also clearly list in this sites help link what payments or cover...Can't blame this company for poor judgement on ur side. Life lesson I regret. Never pay or buy goods unless u pick goods/services heading. Protection given.
Login to Me Too

joshy2610
Contributor
Contributor

you cannnot trust friends or family, one hundred percent of the time some friends could easily take money over friendship and you could have trusted them some people can be like that and just take the money without a care in the world and if i used the goods option he wouldnt have sol me the product so what was i expected to do not purchase anything, no i worked all day to earn the money and found a guy with reliable feedback but he scammed me and i wasnt blaming the website or company i was just saying we should be ale to sipute friends and family because this has happened to a lot of other people

Login to Me Too

joshy2610
Contributor
Contributor

plus just so you know a 'friend' can be in many different forms e.g. someone who has helped you (like the seller he would be helping you out by giving you something you require) or someone who has known you your whole life ( a close friend )

everybody will have different opinions on frienedship someone could class everyone as their friend just because they are like that they want to be friends with everyone some people only class people close to them as friends.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi joshy2610,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

The friends and family payment option is seen as a gift payment. This payment option was created to allow people to split a lunch bill, gift money for birthdays, weddings etc. It is not to be used for the purchase of Goods/Services and if a seller is requesting this option only it is likely they may not post the item. I'm sorry this has happened to you, we would suggest in future when purchasing an item you use the Goods./Service option only.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.