Refund

Siani-
Contributor
Contributor
If I buy something offline, from a private seller (not a business or website) and I don’t receive my product am I still eligible for a refund from PayPal? I will be paying through paypal
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Siani-

As long as you pay using the send money > goods / services option and NOT the personal / gift option you are covered by buyer protection.

Or you can get the seller to send you a money request or an invoice and be covered.

But buyer protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to read up on it to make sure you qualify. eg if you buy a watch and in the item description put just 'watch' then he could send you a toy watch and you may not be covered for 'item received but not as described' as he sent you what was described ie a watch.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Siani-

As long as you pay using the send money > goods / services option and NOT the personal / gift option you are covered by buyer protection.

Or you can get the seller to send you a money request or an invoice and be covered.

But buyer protection is not a 100% coverall so your best bet is to read up on it to make sure you qualify. eg if you buy a watch and in the item description put just 'watch' then he could send you a toy watch and you may not be covered for 'item received but not as described' as he sent you what was described ie a watch.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.