Refund on customised item

Fiona_L
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.  I recently ordered 100 compact mirrors from a printing company  - the front was printed with my photos and paid with paypal.  I had ordered a single mirror to start with and was pleased with the result, however, when the 100 arrived, they were not to the same standard - it looked like paper had got stuck on the ink before in dried and there were bits of paper still stuck in some places, marks where it had been removed in others.  Some of the prints were scratched (circle pattern) - it looked like they had tried to remove the paper.  Anyway, I emailed the seller a couple of times and they ignored me, so I started a dispute with paypal.  Next thing I know, good news, I can have a full refund if I return the items. 

But, I've just thought of a problem - I don't really want someone else selling something with my images (not images of me, just photos I have taken), particularly when the quality is not 100%  (they are not terrible - from a distance you can't see the problems, but they are not of the quality of the first one I received).   If only they had contacted me we could've sorted it out in a better way - e.g. they could've given me discount for re-runs and future orders. 

So anyway, my question is, if I return these mirrors which are printed with photos that I own the copyright of, can this seller sell these items to someone else?  If they can, I think I'm better not to take the refund. 

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.