Refund of payment by PaypalUK for unwanted service

SarahS2
New Community Member

Paypal sent me an email on 08/01/18 informing me that a payment of £98.99 had been made to AVG and that this had been 'pre-authorised' in June 2016.

I could not remember doing this, and in any case, if I had sought cover by AVG for a computer that I then shared, the situation was different now, as I moved home in August 2016, am using a laptop and am satisfied with my current cover. I believe I have 180 days to get a refund, however efforts to start this process via Paypal have not had any success, and I eventually got an email from AVG customer care asking for information and also for a bank statement. I was a bit conserned about this latter request, and asked my bank about it....their advice is to contact Paypal.  What do people think about this? I should add that I have cancelled the 'pre-authorised' payment part of this with Paypal, and want to go ahead and get a refund asap. AVG customer care email seemed genuine, should I go with them?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.