Refund not showing up in account

raresquirrel
Contributor
Contributor

I have allegidly been issued a refund from an ebay seller.  They have sent me a transaction ID number - but I cannot find a way to access this?

They sent me some instructions saying if it wasn't showing up that it would be in my history.  The instructions they sent did not corrolate to my paypal page.  I'm confused, frustrated and frankly and bit stuck!

Any help to resolve this issue would be great

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Donna

Hi raresquirrel,

Welcome to the PayPal community and I am sorry for the negative experience you are having.

Usually when a refund is issued, it will go directly back to the original funding source. If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund. If your payment came from either your bank account or your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance. If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, we'll refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.

Please note, if you paid using your credit card, it can take up to 30 days for the refund to show depending on the credit card processor.

You can view the status of your refund in your Activity. Here’s how:

1. Go to Activity
  2. Click Advanced search to see the dropdown menu.
  3. Select Refunds.
  4. If needed, select the desired date range to see your refund.
  5. Click the refunded transaction to view the details.

I hope this helps.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.