Receiving payments

Karls0107
Contributor
Contributor
The seller has told me that she only has to email over the money to pay pal for it to be paid into my account. She says she has done this but no money is showing in my account. I’m new to pay pal so unsure what goes on around the money side of things. Item being sold is expensive too
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karls0107

If there is NO funds in your paypal balance then its this scam  >>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.
You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

If you were subject to the new seller hold then tracking will release those funds more quickly BUT they would show as pending IN your paypal balance first.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karls0107

Be very careful, lots of scams about. If there is no money in your paypal balance then don't send anything.

Do you think the so called paypal email was a spoof? Can you give a bit more info on type of transaction and buyer? (no personal identifying info though).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Karls0107
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

to reply to earlier they are now asking for us to post it the item and they have then said once we enter the tracking number the funds will be released. I’m assuming it’s a con and no I haven’t posted the item 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Karls0107

If there is NO funds in your paypal balance then its this scam  >>

A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.
You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

If you were subject to the new seller hold then tracking will release those funds more quickly BUT they would show as pending IN your paypal balance first.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.