REFUND ISSUE!

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I Cancelled an Order with a Seller on Ebay but he didn't Reply until I Opened a Case with PayPal. Basically he said he would Certainly Refund me if I Closed the Case with PayPal. So I Closed it As he was Corresponding on Ebay but then he said he Had Tried to Refund me immediately after Closing the Case with PayPal but said Ebay won't Let him Refund me because they Keep Saying a Case is Open with PayPal when I'd Closed it. So I'm still Trying to get my Money Back? I am Totally Disappointed in Ebay their so Complicated. Amazon don't have these kind of issues? If I don't Sort this out I will be Leaving Ebay for good. There a Total Pain. 😒
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

You can't re-open a closed dispute, i expect that is why your seller told you to close it.

Nothing wrong with Ebay / Paypal, you would probably have had a refund by now if you had not closed the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Thanks Technology isn't Reliable either. Can't even Reply to a Message without something in Red. Stupid Robots. If Established Sellers can get Away with that it's Not Safe online. Total Disgrace.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User

Nothing is safe online, that is for you to protect yourself.

NEVER close a dispute until you have a cleared refund OR your item.

Did you fund that paypal payment via a card by the way?

If so have you tried a chargeback?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.