REFUND FROM MONARCH

BJROBBO
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I paid for some flight to monarch airlines the other day only to be told they have now gone bust. I paid £633 vi paypal and i need to know how to getmy money back. Please help

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BJROBBO

You can 'try' a dispute >>

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2.Near the bottom of the page, under 'More about your account', click Resolve a problem in our Resolution Centre.
3.Click Dispute a Transaction.
4.Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
5.Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

billy1718
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have rtried all that but to no avail, what it tells you to actually do is different to what is actually on the screen.

Login to Me Too

Nick68
Contributor
Contributor

The issue seems to be the paypal have blocked anyone from raising their own dispute with Monarch. The message just returns that there is already an open dispute for the transaction, but there isn't. I've messaged at 7:30 this morning, but I guess they are swamped with requests. It would help if there was some communication on what to do, as it looks like those who had the patience to eventually get through have had the dispute raised (and escalated for some I've read) already, but those who are trying to help themselves are getting blocked....! 

Login to Me Too

billy1718
Contributor
Contributor

It would of been so much easier had they put a notice on there site instead of leaving customers baffled and going round in circles, i understand its early days, but abit of info goes a long way.

Login to Me Too

ashflem88
New Community Member

Same problem here. Need to know how to get a refund.

Ash

Login to Me Too

billy1718
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same problem, finding it very hard to find out what we should be doing, Pay pal website are no help im just going round in circles.

Login to Me Too

jonboysez
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to phone them - automated message put me in queue said 20-30mins - I stayed on for 1 hour 10mins and still didnt get through - so I emailed them and they sent automated response telling me how to file a dispute - but it doesn't work - looks like PAYPAL are trying to ignore claimants!

Login to Me Too

billy1718
Contributor
Contributor

my sentiments exactly, same thing happened to me, buyer protection, where is it

Login to Me Too

Frank308
Contributor
Contributor

It would appear in this instance Buyer Protection does not apply, It would be nice if someone from Paypal answered our query instead of hiding behind automated machinery. We need information?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.