Premier account in the UK?

q292u
Contributor
Contributor

For many years, I was registered as a premier account with Paypal US.

Eventually, Paypal forced me to move to the UK site, and I lost my premier account as there are only Personal and Business accounts offered in the UK.

I'm not a business as such, just a hobbyist. All I want to be able to do is accept (small) payments via website links, as I used to be able to do. I'm using a wordpress plugin, and I need API credentials - only available to Premier or Business users. 

But now I've heard (on this forum) that some people still have Premier accounts in the UK.

How do I restore my account to Premier, bearing in mind there is no obvious option to do this?

I cant see any obvious way to send am e-mail to support, either - help mostly redirects to this forum..

HELP!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

q292u
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. You are incorrect. 

I am still a Premier Account holder, and I am UK-based.

After I got the run-around with paypal support via e-mail, I rang them and (eventually) got through to someone who both spoke English natively and understood my issue.

The result is that I already had a Premier account all along, and the settings are just hidden under "seller preferences".  I now have website payments up and running using the "Easy Digital Downloads" plugin on a Wordpress site. I even enabled payment data transfer (PDT).

So, well done PayPal! My confidence has been restored.

Note: I think the reason I was able to resolve this is that I was already a Premier account holder. New signups may not get this option. Worth ringing them to find out, though..

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@q292u

Premier accounts no longer exist, they merged and there is now only personal and business.

You can still sell on a personal account or use a business account if you are a registered business or high volume individual seller.

So folks that 'used' to have a personal account now have a personal / premier (still marked as personal in their paypal accounts).

Those that 'used' to have a premier account now have a personal / premier (still marked as premier in their paypal accounts).

If you click on 'upgrade' account in your paypal account you will see that business is the only option offered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

q292u
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. You are incorrect. 

I am still a Premier Account holder, and I am UK-based.

After I got the run-around with paypal support via e-mail, I rang them and (eventually) got through to someone who both spoke English natively and understood my issue.

The result is that I already had a Premier account all along, and the settings are just hidden under "seller preferences".  I now have website payments up and running using the "Easy Digital Downloads" plugin on a Wordpress site. I even enabled payment data transfer (PDT).

So, well done PayPal! My confidence has been restored.

Note: I think the reason I was able to resolve this is that I was already a Premier account holder. New signups may not get this option. Worth ringing them to find out, though..

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@q292u

No i am NOT wrong, they merged last year.

Folks that show personal account on there paypal account were automatically personal / premier but still showed personal, if they clicked to upgrade they would still only see business.

This was confirmed by a paypal moderator last year.

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Community-Events/PayPal-UK-Community-Chat-20-07-2016/m-p/1089339#M65

Kudos: 117
Accepted Solutions: 51

Re: PayPal UK Community Chat - 20/07/2016.

Hey Kernowlass.

The two options available for account types now are Premier and Business. Even if a customer logs in and can see Personal as the account type, this would still be considered a Premier Account as the category for a Personal Account is no longer available.

This would have no impact anymore regarding payments received for items that are being sold. There are no restrictions anymore like there would have been with Personal Accounts.

David.

Tags (0)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@q292u

So as per post above my information was CORRECT.

Of course you already have a premier because personal / premier are now one and the same.

Or do you want to argue with the user agreement as well?? Only 2 accounts personal (premier) call it either name as its merged AND business.

2.1 Personal and Business Accounts. We offer the following types of Accounts: Personal and Business Accounts. Unless otherwise agreed, you may hold not more than one Personal Account and one Business Account. Holders of certain Personal Accounts may be required to upgrade their accounts (which may include providing further information to PayPal) in order to use all of the current functionality available in a Personal Account. By opening a Business Account and accepting the terms as outlined in this Agreement, you attest that you are not establishing the Account primarily for personal, family, or household purposes. You agree that your Account comprises the Payment Account and the Reserve Account.

So........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.