Paypal won't let me add my Debit card to my account???

choclety
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried to add my card to my account, it said

"The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."

I put all my information in correctly and it didn't work.

I feel like it doesn't work because I just activated the card today, but I am posting just to make sure. 

Login to Me Too
38 REPLIES 38

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately we don't know the reason, you may need to contact your bank first with your concerns and then follow-up with PayPal's customer support.

Login to Me Too

hareesh

yah,its common problem but actuvally your debit/credit card only accessed in india only paypal credited 1 dollar to proccess your account thats why your card is not processing tranaction forgine currencie or rest of india. you can contact your bank branch or customer care people there enabled your account.after then you got sms,then you can add your card to your paypal account. http://www.hmbrowser.com/

Login to Me Too

muyuwa
Contributor
Contributor

Can it be because there are no funds in my account?, Can I link my Visa with my paypal accuont although there is no money in acoount for this Visa?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Choclety,

Thank you for posting and welcome to our community. 

Snowshoe is right for more specific details you would have to contact us :). 

From all the information I have now It looks that your card company is refusing our request to use the card. If the card is just new I would advise to try it again a day later or when you have used the card already once so that the card is activated. 

I would advise to contact the card company first and if you keep getting the same message to contact us after that. 

But It sounds that your PayPal account  is fine but that the card needs to be activated. 

I hope this helps.

- Dian

Login to Me Too

choclety
Contributor
Contributor

Does that mean I have to buy something with it in order to activate it? I thought you would just have to bring it to the bank ...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Choclety,

Sorry to keep you waiting for a response. 

It depends on the card company how the card can be activated. I would advise to call them first to ask is the card is active and ready for use. When they confirm that it is you can try to add the card again to your PayPal account. If you still get an error I would advise you to call our customer service and they will help you to resolve this  :). 

Dian

Login to Me Too

ketiketi

hii, i have same problem ---- "The bank that issued your card didn't approve this transaction. Please contact the card issuer.s customer service department if you have any questions. Or you can add a different card now to continue."

i see this text every time im trying to add my card to account. i have money on my paypal acount and you know i need it now very much, but i dont know how to fix the problem with the card. i have already spoke with bank which gave me this card and they told me that it is active and i can use it. but i can't add it to paypal :(( please help me to fix this problem...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Ketiketi,

As I mentioned in a post later on this thread, this type of messaging usually means your card is being denied by your card issuer.

Calling the number on the back of your card and speaking with the 'Online Payments Department' is the best way to get this resolved.

Failing that, why don't you reach out to us directly via Twitter (@AskPayPal) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK)? That way we can pull up your PayPal account and get you the assistance that you need Smiley Happy

Hope that helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

AJSagulHameed
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.