Paypal won't accept my Visa card

kaca2903
Contributor
Contributor

When I opened a Paypal account I was asked to link my card to it, as expected. When I typed in all the information and clicked "Save" I got a notice saying: "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card." with no further explanation. This card has not been linked to Paypal ever before, this is the first time. I tried ~3 times, checked the numbers and all. What could be the problem?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaca2903

Its a card paypal don't accept?

They don't accept all cards so you need to check thats its an approved one.

Is it a Visa, is it a virtual or prepaid card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kaca2903
Contributor
Contributor
It is a Visa debit card, and is prepaid in case that means that I actually get to take it where ever I go.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello kaca2903,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community 🙂

I am sorry to hear about this experience. This could be just a temporary thing but also related with your card issue declining the use of the card in our system. The best thing is to try a bit later. If you are still getting the same error, I suggest you to contact directly with your card issuer to ensure that the card is fully activated to be used in PayPal.

On the hand and as advised by @kernowlass it is also important to check that the card is compatible with your PayPal account. You can check the most accepted cards here http://ow.ly/10zdAX

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

kaca2903
Contributor
Contributor
Alright, thanks, I'll try.
Login to Me Too

kaca2903
Contributor
Contributor

It still won't accept it, same message pops up. I checked whether Paypal accepts my type of card and it does, Visa in Serbia. Could the problem be that my card has the Visa payWave verification system? It's a fairly new thing. 

Login to Me Too

Mary_Ra
New Community Member

Hiya, 

I can't myself either! I won't pass from this page, and I'm sure I have legible Visa card. I know who has the same type of account as mine and yet, they have a paypall account.

As you, I also made sure I was typing the correct info before submiting. Every time I try, and not to forget that I've also tried again a few moths ago, so I guess there's no temporary error. 

I wonder if there's any other way to link the card.

Thanks

@kaca2903 wrote:

It still won't accept it, same message pops up. I checked whether Paypal accepts my type of card and it does, Visa in Serbia. Could the problem be that my card has the Visa payWave verification system? It's a fairly new thing. 

Login to Me Too

kalvinmulla
New Community Member

KyrieYT
New Community Member
Someone got any solution? I'm facing same, also I got Visa, payWave and I'm from Serbia
Login to Me Too

soga13
New Community Member

I can't link my Visa to Paypal also

I am from Bosnia, i had already verified and linked credit Visa debit card on my account.

That card have expiried last year and i got a new one. And now i can't link my new one with Paypal and i try everything.

Have anyone found any solution to this problem?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.