Paypal Card Reader main information ...

Phorum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I was reading some posts and also the Paypal Card Reader explanation Official Page and the first PayPal statement is:

In order to use the card reader, an Android device must have Bluetooth 2.0 (or higher) and support both capturing devices and peripheral card readers via Serial Port profile (SPP).

What that says to me [reading the 'english language']:

In order to 'be bale' to use the Card Reader, you must use an Android device with Bluetooth 2.0 or higer ...

That does not 'clearly' state: You can ONLY use the card reader with a PHONE!

So, now my 'simple' question:

Can I use Paypal Card Reader in shop premises WITHOUT the need of a Mobile?

i.e. using it straight through my wifi? NO MOBILE = Easier for the customer too!

I would be shocked if it is not possible, as this means MANY SMALL businesses that wish to get OFF the Banks Claws and save at least £. 50/m for their STUPID Card Reader, will not be able to do it without 'purchasing' a new mobile - you cannot use yours as it would be 'there' waiting for a transaction ...

Do you get me?

The other thing is the 'limitation' in VERY COMMON types of smart phones!
Why? Did PayPal rush it out and we have it on trial for them or what?

Sorry to be blunt, better be realistic.

Thanks to all helpers

M

ADDITION

Probably not possible [for now!], but:

Dear PayPal, why don't you:

1. Add a Touch screen on the device - make it like a flip phone

2. add PayPal Here App or script to be able to DIRECT CONNECT to WIFI WITHOUT MOBILE

3. add CARDHOLDER NOT PRESENT to it and slash £. 20/m price to £. 5/m for 'small' businesses [ make a monthly maximum of transaction and you are done - YOU WILL GET THEM ALL!

Regards

M

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.