Payment suspended for examination

Mikanmart
Contributor
Contributor

I have just placed an order with Next Day Delivery . 

After placing the order I got an email from Paypal saying there was a routine investigation and it may take three days for the payment to be allowed .

So , does that mean I have to wait three days for the seller to get his money ? If so , I have just wasted £8 on Next Day Delivery  .

Mike

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

LaizaVenice
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Mikanmart,

Yes that may be the case, but I would highly recommend to still call PayPal in this situtation at 08003587911. They're the only one who can best identify what kind of hold(there's a few) is applied on your payment.

Regards,

LaizaVenice

Login to Me Too

Mikanmart
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply .

I have just rung and nothing , repeat , nothing can be done . 

It seems that Paypal have the money , it's pending whilst routine examination is done , I can't cancel the order and get it another way and although I asked for it to be accelerated  , it can take 72 hours .

I have been with Paypal for at least 6 years and they choose the one urgent order I have to do this examination .

It's just as well it's not my medication that I routinely get via the 'net . 

I can't even ask the seller to cancel so that I can pay by debit card .

Oh , yes , in the meantime I can carry on using my Paypal account . Well , thanks . 

I think I may start using Klarna instead . 

Login to Me Too

Mikanmart
Contributor
Contributor

Further to the above I had to fork out for another order---so today , twice the money I intended left my bank account .

Now , I can hear the groans already , but you will have to know , I am 80 and obviously on a pension ; this means I can ill afford having to pay more than planned , in this case over£50 . My pension is just on the £100 mark per week . There , then are the practicalities .

So I have to ask , is it beyond the wit of Paypal to check if the order has an urgency about it ?  for example mine clearly stated next day delivery . Paypal could then seek a non-urgent item to investigate . For what , I haven't a clue , I gave up money laundering a while back and the weather wrecked my cannabis crop and my pimping days are long gone .

Last week I had a dispute with a seller because although he accepted Paypal , he deliberately changed my method of payment and I fought for him to do as he was asked and advertised because I trust Paypal . 

As a direct result of this , the alternative payment company offered me an account with the following advantages . Their head office and services are in Europe , they do not owe allegiance to the EU , and offer the same services as Paypal . At the time , I declined , after all I had no complaint with Paypal , but now I shall pay by card whenever possible , and am seriously considering taking up the opposition's offer .

Login to Me Too

Mikanmart
Contributor
Contributor

I have just received an email from Paypal asking me to mark the reply as an acceptable solution . Well , I don't , so where next ? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.