Payment pending

Toma66
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Can someone explain to me the latest rules on selling a used mobile phone namely iPhone. I have explained my phone very accurately in the description and it has been bought and paid for using Paypal. The money is in pending status and not available for me for 2 weeks. Is this a new standard rule for selling iPhones or has the customer triggered this response etc Some info would be greatly appreciated Thank you
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Toma66

Sounds like the new seller hold if the funds are SHOWING in your paypal balance but pending.

Was it an off or on Ebay sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Toma66
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for your reply I’m not aware of this function, is this function triggered by the buyer. If so I’ll just refund them and sell the item to someone else ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Toma66

Depends as you haven't said which it is.

1. Echeque.

2. New seller hold.

Does it say 'uncleared' with a clearance date OR does it say 21 days hold for new selelr?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Toma66
Contributor
Contributor
It is an EBay item I sold It just says the money is pending because I’m selling something that the buyer may find dissatisfaction with and the money will be cleared on 12th April I’ve ever seen this before and wondered if it is user triggered or is Ebay/PayPal’s new policy etc ?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Toma66

Are the funds actually showing in your paypal account balance but with pending by it??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sigman_void
New Community Member

I have recently had a issue with e cheque as well. Having talked to my bank, paypal & merchant the only way to cancel a e cheque is..

1: contact your merchant and ask them to decline the e cheque when the payment goes through.

2: contact your bank and advise them that a e cheque request will be coming from paypal and ask them to decline it.

your bank can not see the e cheque until it's requested, so the question is why does it take paypal so long to request the money from the bank.

My merchant said he has been getting lots of e cheque from paypal and it's **bleep** them off no end with some e cheques taking 3 weeks to complete....

...thats longer than a paper cheque!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sigman_void

Think the previous poster may be talking about the new seller hold rather than an echeque maybe, also need to rule out a scam which is why i asked them that query. They chose not to respond.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.