Payment not received

Mattmoraga24
Contributor
Contributor

I sent someone money through goods and services and received an email saying the transaction is complete on my end. In my paypal transaction page, it says the trasaction ID and says that it is complete. The seller is saying that they accepted the money but have not received it yet. Is this common and what can i do to make sure they receive their money and i receive my goods.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

When this happens, it means that the funds have been delayed from the seller. For around 24 hours, the internal security system will review the transaction and ensure it was authorised.

Some potential causes include:

• The sender's PayPal account is not verified.
  • The sender's PayPal account has unusual or suspicious activity.
  • There are concerns that the sender's payment is unauthorised.

Whilst most reviews will not take more than 24 hours to process, it could take up-to 72 hours in some cases.

Whilst this review takes place, PayPal would have asked the seller not to dispatch the item. This is because the review could reverse the payment, which would cause issues for both parties e.g returns etc.

If the seller has not received the funds after 72 hours, please contact a PayPal representative on 0800 358 7911. They will be able to analyse the transaction between both parties and determine the cause of the delay - and the expected release date, if applicable.

Login to Me Too

Mattmoraga24
Contributor
Contributor

As I am the sender, there is nothing I can do to speed up the process. For example, when a bank thinks a transaction is out of the ordinary, they will call, text, or email you asking you if you made that purchase. Paypal does not have anything like that and I just have to wait out the process. The seller is stating that they received an email that says it will take 24 hours to show up. Thought maybe I would receive an email asking if I had sent that money. 

Login to Me Too

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

I do understand the points mentioned, however these processes are in place to protect both parties. As the sender's account could be compromised; used for illicit purposes or various other potential factors involved, the review period is an important feature to allow time for any potential issues to be identified and raised.

Login to Me Too

Mattmoraga24
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, I will wait it out. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.