Payment made to Private seller (funds pending at recipient side)

flanagans
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

New to the community and I just need to understand something.

I sent a private seller (not eBay) a sum of money for Goods (a mobile phone). The transaction has completed at my end, however the payment is still pending at the recipient end. PayPal has told the recipient that this is because a tracking number hasn't been issued? i thought this would only be for eBay circumstance and it isn't. The recipient obviously isn't willing to send goods without full payment clearing which they've informed me can take 21 days. Awful long time. Is there any way that i can speed this up?

Thanks

Aaron.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@flanagans

You have paid, the fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between him and paypal as he is a new seller.

He is supposed to send your item promptly (trackable to prove delivery) and then his funds are released when tracking shows the item as DELIVERED + 3 days.

He is at no more risk now than if he had the funds in his bank account, the hold is to protect PAYPAL from new sellers that don't refund buyers in the event of a dispute (then paypal have to refund under buyer protection).

Tell him if he refuses to send then you would have to file a dispute for non receipt of item and that would impact on his paypal account as such an early seller and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR he may not be allowed to sell.

Send him this link.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/fundsavailability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.