Paying Asking for Bank Account AND Credit/Debit Card

jgardiner2015
Contributor
Contributor

I have just registered with Paypal.

I submitted my debit card details as it requested and now it is asking for my Bank Account Details? But that is exactly the same as my debit card?

I did try entering my debit card details again but it came up with a error message and said to try again later..

Will that work if I try again later, or if not why are they asking for 2 separate things when its basically the same question?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

They normally ask for a "card" either debit or credit AND your bank account.

This works differently than a card and when you add a bank account it sets up the direct debit mandate between you and paypal so you can add funds or withdraw them from your bank account / paypal account if you need to.

Normally as a buyer you don't need to add funds but sometimes you do ie if you have a neg balance etc or if you need to refund a buyer, also if you are going to sell then you can't withdraw to a card only to a bank account.

Also for European anti-laundering laws they need the extra verification of bank account info. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jgardiner2015
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for explaining the difference, but doesnt really help with the error message Im getting, nor how to resolve it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.