Palestinian Territories

Palden
New Community Member

A client of mine (a peace school in Bethlehem, West Bank, OPT) needs PayPal donations buttons on its website and the capacity to make payment requests internationally. Previously we have done this through a UK org with a UK bank account, but this is cumbersome (costly fund-transfers and accounting issues). It would be good to set up an account directly owned by the school, so that it can withdraw funds directly to its own bank account in the Palestinian Territories.

My question: in PayPal's regulations, do the rules applying to Israel apply also to the occupied Palestinian Territories? Will it be possible to link a PayPal account owned by the school to a bank account in Palestine, or will the bank account need to be in 'Israel proper'?  Or is this impossible?  Alternatively, would a bank account in Jordan work?

To anyone with knowledge or experience in this, your advice would be appreciated!  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_david

Hi there Palden,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

Our goal is to offer PayPal wherever there is demand for our service, but these things take time. Unfortunately, PayPal isn't available in Palestine at this time but we are working to expand our service globally and hope to be able to provide a service in Palestine in the future.

David.

Login to Me Too

KBandak
New Community Member

I really do believe that many people need paypal in Palestine and West Bank, cause there is no such available service yet and it would be a good business for paypal. I think it wont be hard for payypal cause Palestine and Israel is almost the same. for example i live in Bethlehem Palestine, and my paypal is address is Bethlehem Israel and both will lead to same address. The only problem that I face sometimes is when IP address detected as a palestinian communications and not Israeli makes it hard to use paypal. Away from that all good, and good work paypal and always ahead.

Login to Me Too

saricito
New Community Member

This has gone on forever, when are we going to enjoy paypal!?

Login to Me Too

oshuqair
New Community Member

hi There,
any news related to paypal service in palestine?

I am working on an alternative but am not sure how far it can go. please help me to understand more.

my alternative is to use my Payoneer master cart to verify paypal.
questions :-
1-can I use this verified paypal to withdraw money to my local bank account in Palestine (wire transfer)?
2-paypal showing my currency of withdrawal in ILS (Israeli shekel) can i make the withdrawal in USD or EUR?

Login to Me Too

HelmiGhaith
New Community Member

paypal allowed now in most countrys arabs ..

we need paypal in west bank .. i'm live in israel . but sometime my ip go to be palestinian ip so in this case i will face problems with paypal and in my account

so please paypal mangers help us and accept country Palestine

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.