No refund for cancelled order

Redwoodfarm
Contributor
Contributor

With my permission my daughter signed into PayPal as a guest and used one of my accounts to pay for goods. The seller then decided to add delivery charges to the cost which we declined and cancelled the order. Although he has replied to emails he has not refunded the money.

Can PayPal assist in getting this refunded as my daughter used a guest account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Redwoodfarm

You can't allow another person to use your paypal account unless you have a business account with others registered on it.

A premier / personal account is for one person and only one person should be using it.

Also how many paypal accounts do you have? You are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if one is personal/premier and the other business if you have more than that or 2 of the same type you risk all of them being limited.

Other than that if you have not had a refund for an item that was bought on your account then go to resolve a problem in the resolution centre and open a dispute for non receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Redwoodfarm
Contributor
Contributor

I think we gave some confusion. My daughter signed in as a GUEST and referred the payment to one if my bank accounts.

i now gave been told that the seller authorised a refund on the 18th May but it is "pending" by PayPal.

so I have not broken any rules by allowing someone to use my PayPal account!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.