Need help getting my money back.

Achelie
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. I bought an iPhone 5s on ebay but then I decided to return it. And yesterday I received an email that says seller has refund me my money but when I checked my debit Visa card the money wasn't on there. I told the seller about it and he said he doesn't know how to help me because he did the transaction and I can withdraw it from my paypal and it should be on my paypal account but i didn't know nothing about paypal because I'm new to all this. So I just made a paypal account but I don't know what to do next to get my money. I tried to contact customer service it's not working.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you paid as a guest buyer then the transaction would not show on any paypal account you opened AFTER the transaction.

If you paid as a guest buyer via a card then any refund would go automatically back to that card HOWEVER it takes about a week to go back to a debit card once the seller has sent it and a bit longer if you funded it wtih a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alfiedog2012
Contributor
Contributor

Just bumping this post up as I need to file a complaint regarding an item I purchased and didnt receive. I paid using my debit card as funding source.    The seller is not responding to any of my messages and Ebay are saying I have to go through Paypal.   There is no transaction showing in my purchase history (although Ebay confirm the item was paid through Paypal on 17th May)  relating to this so how do I make a claim?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.