Need Paypal Withdrawals to Srilanka :(

shakeel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

WHOM EVER READ THIS, PLEASE DO YOUR BEST ON THIS.

This is one of the biggest request I can make as a Srilankan, We Need A Withdrawal Method to Srilanka .

There are thousands of online workers/Sellers/buyers... who needs the support of paypal. As a developing country we really need your help. 

We don`t have a withdrawal method to withdraw our money which we earn online.

Please we really need your help !!!!!!!!

regards,

Shakeel

Login to Me Too
55 REPLIES 55

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Currently, you can only send money in Sri Lanka, it's true. The next step would be to allow acceptance and withdrawal of funds, there's no information as to when this will happen. .

Pure speculation here but India is the closest country and  there have been some problems with that recently (as reported elsewhere) I'd imagine that these would have to be sorted out fully before we further extend in the general region. The Maldives only have the ability to send money at the moment as well.

Unfortunately, only time will tell with this kind of thing. I'll pass your request along as best I can though 🙂

Login to Me Too

sahanlak
New Community Member

@PayPal_john

That's true,  to be honest Sri Lanka got **bleep**ed up in Google Adsence coz of the stupid money makers. That being said, there are lots of legit freelancers here whose striving to get a good, cheap , less trouble payment gateway. Some people simply go for other alternatives such as moneybookers or stick with a freelancing market place which supports payoneer( the international mastercard).

Also if paypal enable withdraws lots of online transactions will happen within the country, small business can set up their own gateways easily. Advantages are limitless. 

The question I have is, if moneybookers can why paypal can't.  If bank withdraw is a big deal can't you guys try the visa withdraw methods, which malaysia is having. Visa card holders of singapore can send money to visa card holders in sri lanka, legally and I've done it several times. 

Thanks a lot for your consideration.

Login to Me Too

shakeel
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot , I really appreciate your help. Yes I can understand the situation. I heard that paypal is having huge problems because of Indians. It`s true enough, they mess up all the places where they go and where they work ( not just their country, even the countries too ) :D.. 

But please dont forget that we are a seperate country and a well developing country too 🙂 . There are thousands of paypal users in Srilanka, facing a huge problem because paypal doesn`t support withdrawals to our country. I`m a freelancer cartoonist, I earn a lot while I work online, but same as that I loose lots of money just because of the other payment methods and their high charges :(.

For an example if I earn $500 from a project,  for sure  I will loose atleast $75 out of it.  I hope now you can understand the situation. 

I heard that Vietnam, Singapore and few other countries got this facility very recently, I`m really happy about that. Same as that we are a developing country. Just check these links, I`m sure you will understand how important this option is for us :), so many people are doing there best to make paypal support withdrawals to Srilanka. Even our banks are ready to support you up,. WE JUST NEED YOUR HELP HERE :).

http://rumblinglankan.com/866/using-paypal-in-sri-lanka-and-alternatives-to-paypal/

http://paypal-sl.blogspot.com/

http://www.elakiri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-112844.html

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34243760162

Please we need only your help to grow up. We can`t loose our money any more than this :(... 

I LOOSE $75 for every $500, How about if there are nother 1000 users like this ?

1000 x $75 = $75000 ? 

I`m sure paypal will help us.. Please Please Please... We just need your help :). ...

Please Pass this to the higher authorities in Paypal, I`m telling this from the bottom of my heart :).. You will be blessed if you could do this help 🙂

atleast give me a email address where I can contact them 🙂

Thanks a lot John

Thank you sooo much 🙂

Login to Me Too

sampath
Contributor
Contributor

Every one here earning from online businesses and jobs are frustrated about existing payment gateways. PayPal please, we are waiting to see your full service for Sri Lankans soon.

Login to Me Too

OliverOlsen
New Community Member

Yes, sending money to Sri Lanka would be a WHOLE lot easier if they had a method to withdrawl from PayPal.  I would use this option often if it were available.

Login to Me Too

reorom
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree. There are lot of freelancers who earn money from online design projects, but does not have the facility of receiving money. i think pay pal should consider this when they sort out the problems in the region regading money withdrawal.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, you all have very valid points and I can understand how each of you are really passionate about getting a full PayPal service in your countries. Believe me, PayPal are working to have as full a service available to all it’s customers worldwide. Just to let you know though, it is not just PayPal who can decide this.

As a financial company, we must work with the financial regulator in each and every country that we  offer a service to. That means we can be restricted on the amount of services that we can offer in those countries.  We are working on this and you are being heard, thank you all again.

Login to Me Too

heshanlk
New Community Member

We really need the Paypal withdrow in Sri Lanka :).

+++++1

Login to Me Too

dumindu_rox
Contributor
Contributor

Please activate at least recieve money option to sri lankan paypal accounts. Robot Indifferent

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.