Multiple accounts internationally with one email address???

andoc
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal,

Just curious where we are at with the ability to have multiple paypal accounts in different countries depending on where you live that you can nominate when making a purchase?

For example:

I live in Canada but grew up in Australia.  I spend time in both countries and have funds in bank accounts in both.  Sometimes I want to purchase items on ebay whilst in Australia and sometimes in Canada.  I would like the ability to nominate which account Paypal pulls my funds from.  Right now when I purchase on ebay Canada, Paypal pulls funds from my Australian bank account which incurs extra charges.

Is there any solutions out there ..... or an alternative option?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Having multiple accounts in multiple countries requires that each account looks like you are a resident of that country.  You would need a unique email address, bank account, possibly a credit card and billing information associated with that specific country.

Login to Me Too

andoc
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply Snowshoe,

I have all those things you mentioned already bar the second email address.  So if what you are saying is true, all I need to do is create a new email and link my Canadian details to that and I should be good to go?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

andoc
Contributor
Contributor

Was there any further response on that question snowshoe?

If I have all the things you mentioned bar the second email address than is that all I need to do to create a Canadian paypal account?  

Still seems silly you can't have one for each country you reside in... some people do split there time between countries in this world.

Cheers, andoc

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi Andoc, 

Thank you for posting in our Community. I would be happy to clear this up for  you. 

You can have more than 1 PayPal account. If you live in 2 countries you are allowed to have a PayPal account in both those countries. You do need to have addresses and financials in both the countries but I understand that you have that. 

So if you have 2 different email addresses you can create 2 PayPal accounts and use them :). 

I hope this information helped. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

Zilinex
New Community Member

that is a very wierd and out-dated strategy. I am based in australia, but for my work, I am living in Italy, and hence I have an Australian and an IOtalian bank accounts. The only thing that I was hoping a paypal account will do for me was the option to add both accounts into only 1 paypal account. Otherwise, eventhough these two accounts belong to 1 person, paypal (for its benefit) apply charges for transactions between these two accounts. This is a significant loss of income for me who should trasfer my salary from Australia to Italy or vice versa.

This is the reason I will stop using my paypal, and would not recommend it to anyone (lots of my friends with similar situation) to use paypal.

Login to Me Too

frmsync
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

Anychance that Paypal can change this?  My wife and I moved to France and have bank accounts, billing address in both countires, but its not logical to create another email address just to have a second PayPal account.

Currently I can add a second Card or bank account to my primary account in the States. However I cannot choose which county the second card of bank account resides.  Why not?

In this interconnected global economy, where we can buy and ship things around the world with a few clicks, why am I limited by the the email address. Seems counterintuitive.

With Amazon I use the same login (ok I have to login to Amazon.fr or .co.uk) but other than a quick change of sessions, I can purchase and have delivered goods globally.

In my particular case, I am trying to purchase a membership with a small french based non-profit community who uses PayPal as their payment mechanism.  Unlikely that this small organization can easily change the methods of payment reception that they have set up.  Yet for a company as large and as global as PayPal to not envisage that people live, work globally is just lack of foresight.

What options are available? Does PayPal envision makeing this functionality available?

Thank you for your response.

Login to Me Too

Fly-Guy
New Community Member

I am in a similar situation to others here.

I live in the UK and have had a PayPal account for many years based in the UK.

However, I spend a great deal of time in the US  and have an address, vehicles and bank accounts in my name here.

When I wish to make an online payment with my US accounts I have to do so outside PayPal.

I would like to add my US bank account (or Debit card) as one of the multiple cards on my PayPal account so I can select that as method of payment when appropriate. Unfortunately I can't find a way of adding a bank account address that is outside the UK

I would be very interested to learn if this facility is available or if you are plannning for it to be.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi frmsync and Fly-Guy,

Thank you for your response.

We would like to have that option but because every country has different banking regulations and due to that a PayPal account in the US has different payment options than for example a Dutch PayPal account.  So this option is not possible at the moment, sorry. As we are a payment service we have to comply with the banking regulations.

As a solution you can have 2 PayPal accounts if you live 2 countries. I understand that you do indeed need an additional email address to set up another PayPal account but it will give you the option to order and receive items in both countries through PayPal :).

Thanks for understanding and if you have any questions let us know.

Dian

Login to Me Too

humanshado
New Community Member

Hi Paypal_Dian,

If I have 2 paypal accounts in two different countries where I reside and having satisfied all conditions set by Paypal in terms of using different email ids, different cards, and different billing information, I want to ask:

1) Can I have 2 personal paypal accounts in the 2 different countries where I have residence?

2) Is it possible to transfer funds between the 2 paypal accounts I have in the 2 countries?

3) If I can transfer funds between the 2 paypal accounts, is there any limit on the amount I can transfer at a time?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.