Money request with friends & family?

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

How can i send a money request using friends & family to prevent me receiving a fee.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeeT2009

You can't. 

Also it's totally against PayPal rules to try and get your buyers to pay using that option. If you do then you risk your PayPal account being permanently limited, 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

Really? why would this be if the friends option is there for anyone to use.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@LeeT2009 Because that option is for family and friends to send you gifts of money and not payment for goods. If everyone used it for goods payment to evade paying their fees AND negating the buyers PayPal protection then PayPal would cease to exist as they would make no profit.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

The guy asked me to send a money reqquest as a friends & family option, obviously this cannot be done

Is it the same with an invoice

If so, he can always send himself.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Yes he can if you both want to risk your accounts being limited and losing your PayPal protections.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

Well i have been on paypal for many years, sent & received lot's of funds via the friends & family option, it is there to use for a reason.

You've  all gone  mad.

I'm out of here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeeT2009

Well its good you have now let PayPal know that you are trying to evade your fees for using their service and trying to stop your buyers having some PayPal protection. Reported.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

http://www.ultraimg.com/image/GQ7s

Paypal gift is an option on paypal

Reported

Login to Me Too

LeeT2009
Contributor
Contributor

Why would either of us want to pay a fee for a donation, it is what the friends& family option is for,to send a gift to someone without fees being involved. You need to read the rules through.

If you read my opening message & messages since, you can see i never stated the funds were for goods, it's  a donation.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.