Missing payments

MR-T
Contributor
Contributor

I Pay for ebay purchases using my debit card via Paypal. I find that 13 purchases between 29th April and 25th May are missing from my Paypal summary list despite them appearing on my bank statement. Any ideas where they are?

Chris

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Looks like you have made purchases using your debit card through paypal, instead of using your paypal that has your debit card attached to it. When this happens, PayPal processes the payment in the background but the transactions would not appear in the 'Summary list' section of your PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

MR-T
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Iubjaved, very useful. As I understand it payments by paypal that are then reclaimed from the bank via my card appear on the summary, those where I paid with my card using paypal don't. As a follow up; all the missing entries  have the same wording on my bank statement as those that do appear on the paypal summary, saying "card payment to paypal *etc". I would have expected the entries to be different if they were processed differently. Any advice on that? I accept that knowing how my bank statements work may be beyond your expertise!

Chris

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi MR-T,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.