Job Offer to Receive Money through PayPal, illegal?

jju1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I got a job offer through my work email to accept payments in my PayPal for items purchased by customers of AGDhome.pl, based in Poland. I am asking for more details, but has anyone heard of something like this?

Part of the email says this:

"The process is in the following:

We sell an item at auction and receive the payment from a buyer to your Paypal account.

We confirm the delivery of the item by providing the delivery proof such as tracking number and company.

Once the money is available, You will withdraw the money from your PayPal account to your bank account to be able to take it for sending to us.

We will give you the instructions with contains a calculation, how to send the money to us and how much.

In the instructions You will see in details: Your 5% commissions, paypal fees, transfer fees, and everything else necessary with it. We pay all expenses ourself and You don't have to cover any of expenses."

I have been a "text editor" for them but it hasn't been a month yet and they said they are offering me this new job because they are changing the way they do customer service and transactions and so the jobs have been suspended...

This job says I would make over $2,000 a month so I'd like if it was real and legal. Have you heard something like this?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Catello86
Contributor
Contributor
Have you followed through with the job offer or heard anything about the legality?
Login to Me Too

jju1
Contributor
Contributor

No, I have just emailed the contact on agdhome.pl and hopefully someone there can read and write english to help me. I asked them if this was a legitimate job that they would offer. And the original email I sent to the person offering me the job hasn't been responded to yet. I just realized they've been emailing me from a gmail.com address and were asking me to accept the job offer by emailing  a yandex.com address which looks like a European version similar to google when I searched it...

I will update if I learn more. I am also interested to find out if they actually send me the $180 dollars they said I've earned so far by text editing to feel if it is legit.

Login to Me Too

Catello86
Contributor
Contributor
I'm currently going through the same exact experience with the same company. I am also owed $180 after 5 editing tasks. Seems pretty sketchy. Please keep me posted with any updates.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi jju1 and Catello86,

Thanks for posting about this job offer you received.

This is something that I would highly recommend against. You should not receive money for anyone else through your PayPal account. You are responsible for money going in and out of your account so if there was an issue with the delivery of the item to the buyer you would have to cover any losses.

It is not something that it illegal but you do leave yourself open to the person sending the items being dishonest and not delivering them. That way if the buyer opens claim it would be against you leaving you with a negative balance.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

scdallas
New Community Member

DO NOT do this!  I was unemployed and started by doing edits for them.  That was OK, but then they told me that they were ceasing that and offered for me to do this money thing.  I received two payments and they wanted me to immediately deposit that money to my bank account, take the money out in cash, and mail the cash to someone at an address in the U.S.  At that, I really started to question what was going on and told them that I would not continue to mail cash to a U.S. address because it seemed to me that that person could have a PayPal account or the money could be wired or something.  Now, over a month later, the person who deposited the money to my account, has disputed and said that he didn't make the purchase or receive the goods.  It's over $2900 and AGDhome has not replied to my inquiries.  I could be out a lot of money here and I wonder who it's really going to.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.