Issue,(new to paypal!)

Danny25
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Im selling someinthg to someone but I was asking for the money upfront, he sees that im a trusted seller and agrees to it

tells me he sent the amount, this was about 8 hours ago and still no fund update into balance? must I wait longer or something I'm still kinda new to using paypal

I havent sent anymore info to the buyer yet til cause I feel I should see the money in the balanace first

PayPal Gift  -  friends and family

This is a Paypal gift. This amount will take up to few hours to be credited on your Paypal balance. This payment is non-refundable and no charge back.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Danny25
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry forgot to add, its marked as invoice? that would be something I send him correct? 😕

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Danny25!

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the PayPal community! When a payment is received, the funds are always displayed in your PayPal balance. You have made the right thing as you should only send the item once the funds are reflected in your PayPal balance.

Unfortunately, based on the details you have provided, it sounds like the email you received it was not an actual payment and just an invoice. Invoices are normally used by sellers to request a buyer to pay for an item or service (it is not an actual payment and just a request). The sender of the invoice can edit the content of this and add notes for the recipient. 

This matter has been before discussed in the PayPal Community. You can have a read in here https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/Paypal-Gift/m-p/957266#M25197

Hope this helps,

Carlos

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.