How to stop scammers disputing an item

Danibella86
New Community Member
I've been thinking about this lately while selling items. I've seen a lot on Facebook about people buying items on sites such as Facebook, Ebay, shpock and how they send an item as signed for. The item is fine but then the buyer opens a case via PayPal saying something is wrong with it & then PayPal sides with them & refunds the money. How do you stop this when you as the seller are selling something genuine. For example I am selling a Nintendo pink 3DS XL on shopock. They are going to pay Using PayPal. Item is very good. But how can I prove when selling electronic item that all is good and that is working properly etc so I don't get some scammer saying it doesn't etc
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi Danibella86,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Our Seller Protection can help you if you receive an unauthorised payment, if a buyer claims that an item didn't arrive or arrived damaged.

If a buyer claims that the item they received did not match the description in the listing, we will fully evaluate all of the information provided to us for the case to make the fairest decision possible. This will typically include a review of the listing, the buyer’s claim, seller's response, feedback left, etc.  To learn more about our Seller Protection, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, and then click User Agreement for PayPal Service.

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.