Hi, cancel e cheque

beviie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please can anyone help today by e cheque i paid nearly 4000 usd by accident when it should of been nearly 400 usd pay pal say i can not cancel it and ust hope the seller cancels it, was paid also through friends and family. i have been intouch with my bank and they said i have to wait until the funds come out of my bank.  i no a big mistake but hadnt used paypal for years. but if anyone can help what to do if anything else please let me no many many thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Beviie,

First thing, I regret to hear this happened.

With your case, PayPal cannot cancel e-check that for sure. Good thing is that, the recipient have the option to decline the payment on their end so the money won't reach his/her account.

One thing for sure, the money will be withdrawn out from your bank, once it has been withdrawn and if the recipient cancelled it, the money will for surely be posted on your PayPal account and you can withdraw the funds back to your bank.

I would suggest not to cancel the e check directly from your bank as it may disable the e check functionality with your account. Just push for the recipient to have it denied on his/her end so the money will just be credited on your PayPal balance in 3-5 business days.

Kudos would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

beviie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thank you for respoding, the issue has now been sorted out thankfully, it was cancelled as my bank does not apparantley do echeques also the reciever cancelled it, i am feeling rather lucky as the outcome could of been quite differant, thanks again for your response.

Login to Me Too

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
You're most welcome.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.