Fraud with no PayPal account

Nicolehar
New Community Member
Can someone help. My mum has payment transactions on her bank statement coming from PayPal that she did not make. She does not use PayPal or have an active PayPal account. There are no numbers to contact PayPal and speak with an agent directly. Her bank asked her to dispute this with PayPal. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nicolehar

When you order items online and pay iwth a debit or credit card then sometimes a seller will process those payments via their paypal account.

However you do not need a paypal account to buy the items as you are buying as a 'guest buyer'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nicolehar
New Community Member
Thanks, but there has been several different payments have came out all various amounts and she is 100% sure it’s nothing to do with her. There was another one came out at the start of October when she was on holidays so it’s definitely not her making payments
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Nicolehar, 

As kernowlass was saying it sounds like these were payments made using a card but were just processed by us. As such it may be that your Mum's card itself was compromised. What I would recommend is that she contacts her bank and gets them to cancel the card. The bank should be able to cancel the payments also. We will work with them on any reports that come though.

@Scott2208

If you are seeing payments made but they are not on your PayPal account I recommend giving us a call so we can investigate this for you. You will find our phone number by clicking 'Help & Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Scott2208
New Community Member
I have just reported the same problem. I have a transaction on my bank account that was payed through PayPal but doesn't appear on my PayPal activity.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.