FTC Complaint against PayPal

JaelMidtown
Contributor
Contributor

This is a verbatim copy of my Federal Trade Commission Complaint against PayPal.  If only I could find an email to PayPal, I would send them a copy in order to facilitate a resolution.

"I am an American currently traveling and doing business in Israel.  I have been using my PayPal account in the US and Israel for over two years, however on June 18, 2016, PayPal placed a security block on my account.  Please note that I am attempting to transfer from a US Bank to a US Bank for shipment to my Israeli address from Ebay, and sometimes paying either a US, International or Israeli company for goods or services.  I was on the phone with PayPal customer service one entire business day yesterday, June 20, 2016, during which I was frustrated to tears.  I was told, alternately, to use a credit card, borrow money from friends and, worst of all, that my PayPal account would be reinstated when I return to the United States.  I believe PayPal, by these actions, is engaging in UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES.  I need them to allow me to access my money while I travel in foreign countries.  As an American I believe it is my right to make use of this service.  PLEASE HELP!  Thank you.  Jill/Jael"

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JaelMidtown

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

If you are travelling and you have a US account that is suddenly being used in Israel then of course security is going to kick in as they would think your account is hijacked and being used without your consent.

Why not just open another account in Israel?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JaelMidtown
Contributor
Contributor

Because Israel is not the only country in which I do business.  Must I open a seperate account for India, Italia, France, Canada?  I am an American and I use my American accounts.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.