Dodgy Payment?

robmeme
New Community Member

Hi,

We have received a Payment into my account for an item I was selling on eBay. It was advertised as pickup only and the address of the person buying the item is listed as 10 Downing Street, London, which obviously makes me worry the Payment will be reversed once collection has occurred. The purchaser isn't Mrs Teresa May, as far as I know.

Any advice on what I should do to avoid being ripped off, would be appreciated?

cheers

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robmeme

You should never use paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you would lose the dispute.

That is why Ebay give you the option of 'cash on collection' and you can state in your decription that that is the only payment you will accept. If a buyer pays with Paypal then you are allowed to refund that payment and re-state 'cash on collection'.

That way you have cash in hand / no wait / no fee / no risk of a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.