Dispute with seller

bronitri
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently in the midst of a dispute with a seller. I returned an item that wasn't as described. The item was delivered (I have the package tracking innformation stored). The seller is now claiming that she has sent me several requests on PayPal to accept the refund - except I haven't had anything though via email and nothing is showing on my online account. Second, she is claiming that I have escalated the claim so funds are now being held by PayPal and she cannot refund it. But, yet again, nothing is showing on my account, I wasn't aware that I had escalated the dispute - I did consider it, but held off until I actually recieved a response. She won't communicate via the resolution centre, so I wonder if there is some possibility that she has the wrong PayPal account details, although, personally, I feel it is more likely she is lying.

Cany anyone shed some light on what is going on here - is what she claims possible and I'm just missing something very obvious on my account dashboard/ resolution centre dashboard?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bronitri

If she had issued you a refund then you would have had a paypal email informing you of that.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bronitri

Think she is making excuses, you don't have to accept refunds they are automatic.

I would escalate to a claim but first make sure you add the tracking number to the dispute (and to your paypal return transaction) and tell paypal that tracking and the seller confirm receipt of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bronitri
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you. I am confused as she has told me that she has two options on her paypal. Send a message or make an offer. I have received no message from her, nor have I received an offer. I just can't see anything on my account. Is there a help desk I can speak to? I am sure there is something not quite right going on here, but it would be good to have clarification that no attempt has been actually made to refund. So confused.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bronitri

If she had issued you a refund then you would have had a paypal email informing you of that.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.