Difficulties trying to get subsequent working capital cash advance after repaying first one

languagehub
Contributor
Contributor

I had a working capital cash advance which I paid off last week. Apparently you can apply for another one 3 days after paying off the previous one. It keeps saying I'm not eligible to apply although it's more than 3 days now. Has anyone had similar issues?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

languagehub
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

No, I still haven't been able to get another cash advance. I thought it might have something to do with the number of refunds we've given. I run a language school so if we don't get at least 3 bookings for a course we have to refund students. This happens quite often. It isn't that people aren't happy with our courses, it's just that if we don't get enough bookings for a course to be profitable it doesn't go ahead. This is one possibility, but the same thing might have happened even if we had no refunds so I'm just guessing.

Login to Me Too

Sluggy
Contributor
Contributor
Is always paid my loans off with a lump some usually 500-600 and never had a problem applying again until now
Login to Me Too

MS-Racing
Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know if anything further has been done about this. We are having the same issue, 100k sales this last 12 months, 200% more than last year, paid off last one over weekend. Have always been able to apply as soon as payment cleared but now getting DLGJ0260 and told our business doesn't qualify. This is really a pain.

Login to Me Too

GriffinLightnin
Contributor
Contributor

Still having the same issue and have been unable to get another advance, even though, as with others, my sales have increased by 100%.

I have issued no refunds, have had no disputes.

If there is no consistancy in the parameters for getting the advance then it cannot be called a service. It becomes a raffle or lottery.

I find myself in the position of no longer being able to reccommend paypal and say that after 10 years, they are now actually hurting my business.

Login to Me Too

MS-Racing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

We are in the same situation. In our case we are up over 180% year on year with sales. Transactions and average selling price all up too and we paid off the working capital much, much earlier than forecast. We have plans for the begining of the year that have been assisted this year by the working capital so we were looking for another one to get us off to a flying start at the start of the year. How wrong we were! We like you are suffering because of this.

Having spoken to PayPal it would appear that they have too much money loaned out and are feeling a bit open hence not letting anymore to go through. We were told to try every day to see if it changes however some other people were told not to so no consistancy there either. Very frustrating especially as the adds still show how great it is. It is such a shame as I have always had good service from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

djr4y
Contributor
Contributor

I too am experiencing this same problem.  I have contacted the ppwc team only to be told that my account is in good order and there is nothing that would stop me from being accepted a second time. The only advice the ppwc team member gave was to atempt to apply daily and good luck.

Login to Me Too

cardiobeats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

We too are in the same situation, I paid off the loan early as to acquire another one today, 

as we are expanding our business and i planned to borrow 5k, at 15 percent, I have planned everything around this, 

as we are moving to a unit next week, I have orders ready to be taken on the new equipment i was about to purchase, 

please tell me, someone has had this message and now its ok? its only been 24 hours and i have not had any emails from paypal as of yet, 

so it may be just early days, I pray and hope so. Otherwise i am buggered, but saying that i won't have 15% of sales coming out so thats a positive, 

i will just have to save up i guess and do plan B. Shame really its been an excellent service, and a no brainer for paypal, I am guessing they have had people take advantage...

Debra

Login to Me Too

12alp
Contributor
Contributor

The same problem, I have had 5 ppwc advances and paid my last one in October early as usual, have tried applying frequently I just don't fit the criteria anymore. I haven't seen anyone who has been turned down in the last quarter of last year post to say they have been offered a new ppwc advance, has anyone? 

Login to Me Too

Inquesite
Contributor
Contributor

No still being told not eligible - I had had 7 ppwc loans, the last being £14k. all repaid early and all new ones available the following day now nothing.

Although I know it was not a given to get the net loan I did assume I'd get one no probs. Sales were up, no chargebacks, etc, but apparently no longer eligible.

That was last September and the only change is the last couple of days I have been able to apply for a loan, and then at the end of the application process it says I am not eligible with code DLGJ0306. Not sure if that is progress or not.

I loved the simplicity of PPWC and in no way blame them for not getting another one, but it would be nice for the decision making to be more transparent.

I hate to say it Debra but if you've got a plan b I'd get on with that now and not hold your breath for anything to change with PPWC anytime soon...

Login to Me Too

cardiobeats
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for the updated reply's and sorry to hear others are still having this problem with ppwc. 

I tried again today, with the same message code DLG0260.  The one thing i think we may have in common is that we have all had multiple loans, 

Do you think there is a limit to how many you can have, as we have had around 6 too now?

I know it was not a given, but due to how quick we have had them in the past, I based the expansion around getting the loan, and paid a lump some off towards the end...

This was an easy mistake to make, Here's my plan B guys, we are putting away 15% or £15 out of every 100, the same as what we would be paying back into a savings account, and making are purchases bit by bit as we have the available funds, it will take us another 12 months to get where we could be in 1, but least we are in control. and were in year 3 now, and have doubled turnover year on year 🙂 

The only other thing that was different prior to applying for another pwwc loan, 

is we did try for a loan from ezbob a couple of weeks ago, which was to pay the loan back early, which linked with ebay and paypal,

am glad we were refused as this would have created a bit of a nightmare, but just maybe this could have triggered a flag with paypal.

Good luck to everyone going forward in 2018, I hope paypal will allow these loans again to established people with a good track record of paying them back, as they have been amazing for small businesses,

If anyone does get one in the future please drop a message on the discussion. 

Thanks 

Deb / Phil 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.