Card declined during transaction but money deducted from account

Sarahjuv
Contributor
Contributor
This is regarding an online transaction. I had tried to place an online order for today. I had completed all the check out procedures till I reached the payment. 

I had selected PayPal for my payment method and I was taken to a different page, where I was asked to put down my Billing address, card details and so on. In the end, I was given an OTP to confirm my transaction. After typing the OTP, I received  notification that my card was declined. However, an amount of Rs. 1007.03 has been deducted from my account!!!!!! The checkout is not complete and my order is still in my cart!!!

I don't understand how this is possible. 
I need an immediate solution to this matter and I want a refund. Please advise what steps I should follow.

Thank you in advance.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jac23
Contributor
Contributor

Hi , 

if the transaction has been decline , most likely the charge that you saw in your account is only an authorization charge ,its not really an actual charge, it should fall off after 3-5 business but could take up to 10 business days depending on your bank's policy about authorization. 

What I can recommend you to do is to call your bank and verify it further. They can clearly see if the money has been completely taken out .

Login to Me Too

Maravictoria19
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me but it isn't pending. It actually got taken out. I've been trying to call to get this fixed but paypal isnt picking up and it's been since oct 5.i need my money back. I have the receipt showing it got declined and my account info saying it got tooken out.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.