Cancelled payment

Cmac2018
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there so I sent a payment to a friend for some money I owed her and then realised I had sent to an old PayPal account of hers so instantly logged on and cancelled. It then states in my activity that this was refunded back to my paypal account on 17feb. I then repaid her the same into her new account. Problem I have now is it’s taken both payments from my bank account.The correct payment address is showing pending and my friend still hasn’t received and the cancelled payment isn’t showing anywhere in my paypal balance although states was refunded to paypal balance on 17 Feb? Can anyone help with why this has happened?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cmac2018

You were lucky that you were able to cancel, if that 'incorrect' email address had actually belonged to someone you may have lost your money Smiley Surprised

Anyway luckily you could BUT when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded via instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.