Can i receive money from friends and family on my business account? Can any

Joseph121
New Community Member

Hi 

Can anyone tell me whether I can receive money from "friends and family" to my business PayPal account?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Carlos

Hello Joseph121! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal Community! If you have a PayPal Business account, you still can receive payments from your friends and family under this category. Please remember that this type of payments is meant to be used for a gift, splitting a lunch bill, or other everyday exchanges of money between friends and family. The incorrect use of this type of payments may result in the option being blocked. Hope this helps - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

mupsyc
New Community Member

I'm curious, If I sell an item and am charged a processing fee for credit cards (2.9% typically) and then in turn send a portion that money to another US business via PayPal for expenses related to the item, is there an additional fee? Example, I charge $1000 for an item and then send the business 300$ in their help with the said item/service. Basically Paypal to Paypal transaction but not sure if it falls in the realm of friends and family. Also, what if the business paypal is outside of the US

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.